COIN is an innovation marketplace, serving as an intermediary by which you can quickly connect to nanobiotechnology. COIN offers Members a range of Innovation and Commercialization Services, in addition to hosting valuable events and continually building rich business intelligence in the NanoBioConnect portal that will drive open innovation and accelerate commercialization.
These services have been set up to meet specific needs identified as critical to accelerate commercialization of nanobiotechnology. COIN is at the nexus of emerging technologies, key thought leaders, industry experts, and is working to connect market needs with nanobiotechnology solutions.
COIN’s novel platform represents a virtual “Nanomedicine Open Innovation Corridor” that enables connections & access to resources to drive open innovation, new product development, & commercialization. This platform also addresses the gap between research & commercialization by aligning market needs with innovation. Through tailored commercialization services, COIN will:
- Build awareness of relevant NC assets and develop the practice community locally and globally
- Connect technology with marketplace needs
- Bridge the funding gap between early technology development, proof of concept, and commercial prototype development
- Overcome key hurdles to commercialization in the nanomedicine space, such as the difficulty in getting nanomaterials/technologies validated and tested in pre-clinical and clinical studies when regulatory guidelines are not yet defined and parameters are not well understood technically
COIN represents the voice of the community by conducting events and developing a web portal, NanoBioConnect, which essentially raise awareness of and market what the state, COIN, and its constituents have to offer in this space. These resources and activities are publicly accessible to all.
COIN's Commercialization Services include assistance with:
- Business development, Partnering and Open Innovation
- Assistance with Incubation and Translation
- Business intelligence and access to nano-savvy resources